As far as transfer rumours go, this week has easily been the biggest week yet for Arsenal in the summer transfer window. Every day has consisted of at least one major story and it looks like the club is close to a few new signings. Elsewhere, the club has confirmed one departure on loan with more expected in the coming weeks. But anyway, here is the round-up of this week’s transfer headlines:
- Josh Kroenke has told Arsenal fans to ‘be excited’ for the remainder of the transfer window.
- Despite a late pursuit from Tottenham, Arsenal has won the race to sign Saint-Etienne defender William Saliba for €29 million (incl. bonuses). The 18-year-old will be loaned back to Saint-Etienne for the 2019/20 league season and will sign a five-year contract with Arsenal.
- Arsenal has had a record-breaking £25 million bid rejected for Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney.
- According to the Sun, Arsenal, Manchester City, and Tottenham are all interested in signing right-back Dani Alves on a free transfer.
- Arsenal is in talks to sign Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos on a season-long loan.
- Wilfried Zaha has once again told Crystal Palace of his desire to leave the club.
- According to Globo Esporte, Arsenal is preparing an offer worth €40 million for Everton Soares.
- According to L’Équipe (via GFFN), Arsenal, Liverpool and Inter Milan have all made bids for Lille forward Nicolas Pepe.
- According to Tomasz Włodarczyk of Przegląd Sportowy, Krystian Bielik wants to leave Arsenal after being told he will not play a part for the club. AC Milan and a host of Championship clubs are interested in signing the versatile defender.
- Arsenal under-23 goalkeeper Dejan Iliev has joined Slovak Super Liga side ŠKF Sereď on a season-long loan.
- Bristol City is reportedly willing to pay a loan fee to sign forward Eddie Nketiah on a season-long loan.