Okay… while I noted that last week’s edition of the weekly transfer round-up would be my final one of the summer transfer window, I decided to put this final piece together before tomorrow’s deadline.
There are only 24 hours remaining of this transfer window in England and there are so many conflicting reports about who Arsenal could possibly sign. With that being said, here is your final weekly round-up:
- Brentford has signed Arsenal defender Dominic Thompson for a ‘nominal fee’. Celtic has been linked with signing Brentford’s left-back Rico Henry as a replacement for Kieran Tierney which could give Arsenal an advantage in signing the Scotsman.
- Meanwhile, after weeks of the same reports, Arsenal’s third bid for Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney is still expected imminently.
- According to reports in the past hour, Chelsea defender David Luiz is trying to force a move to Arsenal after skipping training this morning.
- However, David Ornstein (via @ZR_7G1) reports the Luiz deal is just one of the centre-back deals the club is currently working on. Meanwhile, Chelsea is reluctant to sell Luiz.
- Wilfried Zaha has finally handed in a transfer request at Crystal Palace. Both Arsenal and Everton have had bids rejected for the 26-year-old this window.
- Arsenal’s pursuit of Juventus defender Daniele Rugani is over. The Gunners had a two-year loan deal rejected last week.
- Arsenal’s pursuit of RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano is also over. Multiple sources (via GFFN) claim the Gunners have had at least one offer rejected for the 20-year-old.
- According to Bilel Ghazi (via GFFN), Phillipe Coutinho will join Arsenal from Barcelona. However, Fabrizio Romano (via @MrArsenicTM), reports the move is ‘not happening’.
- Alex Iwobi will join Everton if the Toffees make a suitable offer for the 23-year-old. Earlier in the day, Arsenal had rejected a £30 million offer from the club.
- Former Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck has joined Watford on a free transfer.
- Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has finally joined Bordeaux after trying to force his way out of the London club.
- Englishman Eddie Nketiah is still deciding which club he will join on loan for the 2019/20 league season. At the moment, he will most likely join Leeds United rather than Bristol City.
- Earlier today, Nottingham Forest announced the signing of right-back Carl Jenkinson.
- Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has announced he wants to stay at Arsenal this season.
- Galatasaray has made contact with both Mohamed Elneny and Morgan Schneiderlin in their search for a new midfielder.
- As mentioned previously, Brentford has signed Arsenal defender Dominic Thompson for a ‘nominal fee’.