Well… the timing couldn’t have been much worse. After a promising start to July, the second week hasn’t been able to live up to expectations. There are no new signings on the horizon and there are even more problems for Arsenal to try and overcome. But anyway, here is the round-up of this week’s transfer headlines:
- Tottenham has outbid Arsenal in the race to sign Saint-Etienne defender William Saliba.
- Arsenal has made an enquiry for Gremio’s winger Everton Soares.
- According to Kike Marin, Arsenal has no interest in signing Real Madrid duo Lucas Vazquez and Mariano Diaz.
- Arsenal is interested in signing Stevenage defender Luther James-Wildin.
- According to various reports, Laurent Koscielny wants to leave Arsenal and return to France this summer. The defender had his contract termination request rejected by the club and the 33-year-old also refused to take part in Arsenal’s pre-season tour in the United States.
- Arsenal defender Ben Sheaf has joined Doncaster Rovers on a six-month loan deal.
- Calum Chambers will not be leaving Arsenal this season.
- AC Milan is interested in signing Polish midfielder Krystian Bielik.