WE FINALLY HAVE SOME CONFIRMED TRANSFERS! Despite being open for just over seven weeks, Arsenal has taken a slower approach to transfers in comparison to last season. Thankfully, the club has announced their first major signing, and departure, of the summer transfer window. Here is your round-up of this week’s transfer headlines:
- On Tuesday, Arsenal confirmed the signing of Ituano teenager Gabriel Martinelli. The 18-year-old signed a long-term contract with the club and is expected to join the first team’s pre-season training.
- Arsenal has had an opening £40 million bid rejected for Wilfried Zaha.
- Also, Arsenal has launched a £20 million + £5 million add-ons bid for Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney. [Source – MrArsenalTM via @garbosj].
- Arsenal is in talks to sign Yacine Brahimi on a free contract.
- Elsewhere, Arsenal has launched a bid to sign Lucas Vazquez from Real Madrid.
- Arsenal’s new technical director, Edu, is urging the club to sign Brazillian right-back Fagner.
- Napoli has confirmed the permanent signing of goalkeeper David Ospina for a reported fee of approximately £5 million.
- Arsenal defender Daniel Ballard has joined league two side Swindon Town on a season-long loan.
- Crystal Palace is interested in signing Arsenal right-back, Carl Jenkinson.