It’s week five of the Arsenal weekly transfer round-up and there still hasn’t been a lot of activity at the North London club. Arsenal is yet to sign anyone and the club hasn’t confirmed any major departures either. But, the club did confirm the players that will leave once their contracts expire. Here is your round-up of the week’s transfer headlines:
- Arsenal is close to completing the signing of winger Yannick Carrasco. However, Bayern Munich will try to sign the Belgian if they miss out on Manchester City’s Leroy Sane.
- Arsenal will not have to pay the R$8 million fee to bring Edu Gaspar to the club as their new technical director.
- The Independent reported that Arsenal is close to signing 21-year-old goalkeeper Markus Schubert on a free contract.
- According to Marco Conteiro, Arsenal is interested in signing Flamengo’s 17-year-old midfielder Reinier Jesus.
- Should Laurent Koscielny leave Arsenal this summer, the club will demand a fee of £10.6 million.
- Despite other sources reporting otherwise, David Ospina will join Napoli for the previously agreed €4 million fee that was inserted into his loan deal, last summer.
- Earlier in the week, it was reported that Marco Giampaolo’s dream signing at AC Milan was Lucas Torreira. However, Arsenal has no intention of selling the midfielder with a move virtually impossible.
- Late last week, Arsenal revealed they had released seven players following the expiration of their contracts. Cohen Bramall, Petr Cech, Charlie Gilmour, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Julio Pleguezuelo, Aaron Ramsey, and Danny Welbeck will all leave the club.