June is finally here and the transfer window is causing chaos for Arsenal. With the season ending last week, there have been many names linked with a move to the club while many current first-team players have also being linked with a move away. Here is your round-up of the week’s transfer headlines:
- Gabriel Martinelli could be Arsenal’s first signing of the summer. His transfer will reportedly be announced when he turns 18 on the 18th of June.
- Arsenal has made a second offer to Sampdoria worth €45 million for duo Dennis Praet and Joachim Andersen. It is still less than the €50 million that the club reportedly wants.
- Arsenal could miss out on signing defender William Saliba after they rejected St Etienne’s request to loan the 18-year-old back for the 2019/20 league season.
- According to SkySports, Arsenal is interested in signing CSKA Moscow forward Fedor Chalov.
- Yesterday, the Mirror reported that Barcelona are interested in signing Sead Kolasinac as a back-up to Jordi Alba.
- David Ospina is on the verge of permanently joining Napoli. The Italian club will reportedly sign the goalkeeper for less than the £4 million which was agreed with Arsenal last summer.
- Arsenal is prepared to listen to offers for Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Calum Chambers, and Shkodran Mustafi.
- Earlier in the week, Granit Xhaka was linked with a move to Inter Milan. However, Alfredo Pedulla refuted these reports.
- Stephan Lichtsteiner will leave Arsenal following the expiration of his contract.