What a terrible week. With no Champions League football for a third successive season, it looks like this transfer window will be average at best for the North London club. Given the preparation for the Europa League final, it’s not exactly surprising this week’s transfer news has been rather quiet.
- Following Arsenal’s defeat to Chelsea in the Europa League final, it’s been speculated the club will only have around £45 million to spend this summer.
- Following the Europa League result, it seems like Arsenal’s pursuit of Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha and RB Leipzig’s Dayot Upamecano is over, due to the club’s lacklustre finances.
- Bournemouth’s Ryan Fraser and Getafe’s Djene Dakonam are realistic targets for Arsenal, this summer.
- Italian journalist Nico Shira claims Arsenal are interested in signing PSG right-back Thomas Meunier and have offered him a five-year deal.
- Arsenal has had a €7 million bid rejected for Lorient’s Alexis Claude-Maurice.
- Barcelona is interested in signing either Alexandre Lacazette or Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. The Spanish club wants to bring in a new forward, this summer.