With the Europa League final taking place on Wednesday, it’s not surprising that Arsenal’s transfer window has been very quiet thus far with many rumours.
With just one transfer made official, it seems like May will be a very quiet month for the club. Here is this week’s weekly transfer round-up!
- According to reports in England and France, Arsenal are increasing their pursuit of Saint-Etienne defender William Saliba, who could cost around £25 million.
- Arsenal will make their first offer for Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser following the Europa League final. The Cherries are reportedly holding out for a fee believed to be in the region of £30 million.
- Japanese forward Takuma Asano will return to Arsenal this summer after his loan move with Hannover 96. The German club rejected the option-to-buy clause that was in his contract.
- Nicolo Schira of La Gazzetta dello Sport reports Arsenal are interested in signing defender Kostas Manolas from AS Roma. The 27-year-old has a release clause believed to be around €36 million.
- Also, Arsenal are interested in signing River Plate midfielder Exequiel Palacios.
- On Tuesday, it was announced that 22-year-old defender Julio Pleguezuelo had joined Eredivisie side FC Twente on a free transfer. The Spaniard made one senior appearance for Arsenal in his six years at the club.
- The Europa League final could be Laurent Koscielny’s final game for Arsenal. The Frenchman has a year left on his current contract.
- Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira revealed he ‘dreams’ of playing for Boca Juniors in future.